D🍩UGH-NUT worry, with winter fast approaching, we’ve come up with the ultimate way to infuse your Saturday nights that will take you from 🛋couch surfer, to ☁️cloud surfer in less than 45 min. Dough-nuts come in all shapes and sizes and when your favourite donut isn’t available at the nearest bakery, why not make it at home! We took the doughnut game from ground level to sky heights by infusing it with Bhang THC Chocolate🍫. This will leave you with that good ol’ feeling of, “I think I’m going to have another one.” However, we always encourage, start low and go slow for first time Cannabis users.
While the donut recipe is as plain Jane as PSL drinkers —it’s the frosting that’s taking you on a first class ride to cloud 9, and you’ll be just as happy as a stoner on 420. #baked
At the end of the day, you can use this recipe sans THC chocolate, but we all know you’re not on a Cannabis site for a normal recipe. Let’s skip the rambling and get to the recipe. Continue at your own pace and once again, start low and go slow.
FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE STEPS!
- 1 cup all purpose flour or all purpose gluten free flour – I LOVE King Arthur brand!
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 5 tbsp milk I used skim
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar; more as needed
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup whole milk, at room temperature; more as needed
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Pinch fine sea salt
- THC Chocolate (We used Bhang Milk Chocolate)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Spray a donut pan with non-stick cooking spray then use a paper towel to evenly coat the entire donut well.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the flour, nutmeg, sugar, baking powder and salt, mix until combined. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the milk, egg, vanilla extract and vegetable oil, use a whisk or spatula to beat. Gradually add the flour mixture, mixing by hand with a spatula just until combined.
- Transfer the batter to a piping bag fit with a round piping tip, or transfer the batter to a ziplock bag, then cut off one corner and pipe the batter into the donut wells. Use a small spatula to smooth the tops of the batter if the batter is uneven.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a donut comes out clean. Allow the donuts to cool completely in the donut pan, 30+ minutes. Once cool, turn the donut pan upside down and hit the pan again a counter a few times to release the donuts.
- Sift the sugar and cocoa powder into a medium bowl. Add the milk, vanilla, and salt, and whisk until smooth. Add more milk, if needed, to make a thinner glaze or additional sugar to make it thicker.
- Melt the THC Chocolate on medium heat in your microwave. Once melted, add THC chocolate to the chocolate glaze.
- Place a wire rack over a baking sheet. Working one at a time, dip each doughnut top side down into the glaze, and lift up, allowing the excess to drip back into the bowl. Invert the doughnuts onto the rack, and let sit for at least 15 minutes to allow the glaze to set.
- After glazing, doughnuts can be topped with decorative sugars, sprinkles, chopped nuts, chocolate shavings, or toasted coconut. Toppings should be applied while the glaze is still wet so that they stick.
See you on Cloud 9! ☁️🧑🍳